Obama is going to provide healthcare to 35-40 million uninsured "Americans", improve healthcare for everyone else and do it without raising the federal deficit by one dollar???
Am I missing something here? Really?
Does the president actually read his speeches? He actually said he would pay for the $900 billion (with a "B") his plan will cost over the next ten years by eliminating all of the fraud and waste in the Medicare/Medicaid program! Does he realize the Medicare/Medicade program is the only government run healthcare system in the United States???
He wants us to feel good about a new government health care program that will be paid for by eliminating the fraud and waste in the current government health care program??? Really?
He wants me to believe that employers who are currently providing health care plans at a cost higher than 8% of their payroll will not drop the plans when they realize they only have to pay an 8% fine and let the government plan take over? Really?
It is obvious to me that his proposal is just another ponzi scheme like Social Security. He wants me to believe that the costs will be paid for by premiums from those using it. Yet then again he said the total cost would be paid for by eliminating the fraud and waste from Medicare... which is it Mr. President???
I am convinced, it is neither! We will pay for the cost of these 35-40 million "Americans" with increased taxes. There will be no reserve fund - WE THE PEOPLE will pay the total cost in addition to what we are paying for our own health care! As we age and our life span increases, we will place more demand on the system than what is possible to pay for with taxes and the house of cards will eventually fall... How is this any different than what Bernie Madoff was just sentenced to 150 years for???
I am not willing to strap my children and grandchildren with the future financial burden that my health care now will create if the government is my provider.
I am just an average "Joe", but it does not take a brain surgeon (no pun intended) to see what needs to be done:
1. Pass tort reform now and allow judges to impose heavy penalties when frivolous junk science law suits are brought against docotors.
2. Make it illegal to deny health care insurance because of prior health conditions.
3. Demand that barriors are removed that will allow private insurance providers to compete across state lines like auto insurance companies.
4. Make it illegal for health care providers to limit care or reduce care when you get sick.
5. Deny free or government-paid-for health care to illegal immigrants. Period.
6. If someone chooses to not purchase health care because they think they will not need it, even though they could afford it, they must pay their way if treated in an emergency room, just like they would if they scheduled an outpatient visit to a doctor in a non-emergency situation.
Final thought (for now): Do we really trust a President and administration that starts a 6:00 speech fifteen minutes late to be able to handle something as complex as health care services??? Really?